Unless the context requires otherwise, in this subchapter:
(1) "Act" means the Montana Major Facility Siting Act, Title 75, chapter 20, MCA, as amended.
(2) "Department" means the department of environmental quality.
(3) "Environmental impact" means a change, adverse or beneficial, in the natural, cultural, or social setting created by some specific action.
(4) "Geothermal exploration plan" means the plan, actual or tentative, which a person has for the gathering of geological data by boring of test holes or other underground exploration, investigation, or experimentation related to possible future development of a facility employing geothermal resources for the ensuing 10 years after submission to the department under this subchapter.
(5) "Person" means any individual, association, partnership, corporation, governmental agency, political subdivision, or any other entity or organization engaged in or proposing to engage in the gathering of geological data by boring of test holes or other underground exploration, investigation, or experimentation, related to the possible future development of a utility facility employing geothermal resources.
(6) "Underground exploration, investigation, or experimentation" means any physical activity conducted on or below the surface of the earth resulting in disturbance of the earth including, but not limited to, the boring of test holes, the construction of roads, and the gathering of well log information.
(7) "Utility facility" as defined by 75-20-104(10)(d), MCA, means any use of geothermal resources, including the use of underground space in existence or to be created, for the creation, use, or conversion of energy.
(8) "Well log" means an electrical, radiation, sonic, thermal, or other routine log run by mechanical means in a well or bore hole or any other log, survey, analysis, or report run or made.
History: 75-20-1001, MCA; IMP, 75-20-1001, MCA; NEW, Eff. 10/5/74; TRANS, from DNRC, 1996 MAR p. 2863; AMD, 2005 MAR p. 252, Eff. 2/11/05.