17.24.121 PERMIT REVIEWS
(1) At any time during the life of an operation, the department may review an operating permit.
(2) If the department determines that the modification of the reclamation plan is authorized under 82-4-337(4), MCA, it may require such modification under the procedures of (3) through (6).
(3) The department shall send an explanation of the need for modification and a conceptual plan for modification to the permittee, by certified mail, and provide opportunity for hearing, pursuant to Title 2, chapter 4, part 6, MCA.
(4) The permittee shall respond to the department with a request for hearing or a proposed schedule for modification or revision, not to exceed one year, within 30 days of receipt of a letter from the department.
(5) The department may extend the one-year time frame or the time for hearing request for good cause documented by the permittee in writing.
(6) A modification must be submitted in the form of an amendment or a revision and the department shall process the applicant's submittal in accordance with ARM 17.24.119 or 17.24.120.
History: 82-4-321, MCA; IMP, 82-4-337, MCA; NEW, 1994 MAR p. 2952, Eff. 11/11/94; TRANS, from DSL, 1996 MAR p. 2852; AMD, 1999 MAR p. 640, Eff. 4/9/99; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 1830, Eff. 9/24/22.