As used in ARM 17.24.181 through 17.24.189, unless the context indicates otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Commence reclamation within six months" means to commence reclamation within six months or the first seasonal opportunity after mining is not resumed after a seasonal closure;
(2) "Live stream" means a stream with flowing water;
(3) "Pay gravel" means gravels containing sufficient mineralization to be economic;
(4) "Plant" means a support facility, including a wash or processing plant, for a placer or dredge operation;
(5) "Sedimentation" means solid material settled from suspension in a liquid; mineral or organic solid material that is being transported or has been moved from its site of origin by air, water, or ice, and has come to rest on the earth's surface either above or below sea level; or inorganic or organic particles originating from weathering, chemical precipitation or biological activity.
History: 82-4-321, MCA; IMP, 82-4-305, 82-4-335, MCA; NEW, 1991 MAR p. 445, Eff. 4/12/91; TRANS, from DSL, 1996 MAR p. 2852.