17.50.1816 TENORM SPILL REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
(1) A person who transports TENORM waste for processing or disposal shall comply with this rule.
(2) A person who transports TENORM waste shall comply with ARM 17.50.523.
(3) A person who spills TENORM waste shall, as soon as practicable but in no case later than 24 hours after the spill occurs, report the spill to the Montana Disaster and Emergency Services at (406) 324-4777 and to the county coordinator of disaster and emergency services for the county where the spill occurs.
(4) Notification to the National Response Center may be required by other authority. The National Response Center may be reached at 800-424-8802.
(5) Nothing in this subchapter excuses compliance with permits, rules, or regulations of other state, local, or federal agencies.
(6) A person who spills one cubic yard or more of TENORM waste shall properly and expeditiously manage, contain, and remove all spills of TENORM wastes.
History: 75-10-204, MCA; IMP, 75-10-204, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 1118, Eff. 6/27/20.