17.50.816 PRIVY WASTE; PIT TOILET WASTE; PORTABLE TOILET WASTE; VESSEL PUMPOUT FACILITY WASTE; AND RECREATIONAL VEHICLE DUMP STATION WASTE
(1) Vessel pumpout facility waste must be managed in accordance with 23-2-522 (2) , MCA, and rules adopted under that section, and must be disposed of by a licensed septic tank pumper.
(2) A person may not pump wastes from a recreational vehicle dump station not connected to an approved wastewater treatment facility unless the person is licensed under this subchapter.
(3) A person may not place privy waste, pit toilet waste, portable toilet waste, vessel pumpout facility waste or recreational vehicle waste in a wastewater treatment system with a cesspool.
(4) A person may not place privy waste, pit toilet waste, portable toilet waste, vessel pumpout facility waste or recreational vehicle waste in a wastewater treatment system with a septic tank, unless the septic tank and connected liquid treatment system was designed for this purpose by a professional engineer licensed to practice engineering in Montana.
(5) No person may land-apply privy waste, pit toilet waste, portable toilet waste, vessel pumpout facility waste or recreational vehicle waste unless the following conditions are met:
(a) pathogen reduction, vector attraction reduction, and site restriction criteria for disposal of septage are in accordance with ARM 17.50.811;
(b) the requirements of ARM 17.50.810 for special conditions have been met; and
(c) the wastes are screened or sorted before application, during application, or within six hours after application and before incorporation into the soil to remove large non-putrescible wastes. The non-putrescible wastes must be disposed of in a Class II solid waste management facility licensed in accordance with 75-10-221, MCA.
(6) The maximum annual application rate (AAR) for these wastes, in gallons/acre/year, is determined by the formula AAR=N/0.0052, where N equals the amount of nitrogen in pounds per acre per 365-day period needed by the crop or other vegetation grown on the land.
History: 75-10-1202, MCA; IMP, 75-10-1202, MCA; NEW, 2001 MAR p. 848, Eff. 5/25/01.