17.56.1505 OPERATOR TRAINING: THIRD-PARTY TRAINING COURSE APPROVAL
1) Operator training by a third-party provider does not satisfy the training requirements of ARM 17.56.1502 unless the department has approved the provider's instructors and courses pursuant to this rule.
(2) To apply for department approval of a training program under this rule, a third-party training provider shall submit to the department, at least 60 days before the requested approval date:
(a) a detailed description of course content and the amount of time allotted to each major topic;
(b) a description of the evaluation method; and
(c) when requested by the department, copies of all materials proposed for use.
(3) The department may attend a third-party training program as an observer to verify whether the provider conducts the training in accordance with the requirements of ARM 17.56.1503 and in accordance with the program as approved by the department.
(4) The department may approve a third-party training program if the program meets the requirements of ARM 17.56.1503.
(5) If a Class A or B operator has completed operator training in another state, the department may approve the training if the training requirements of the other state are at least as stringent as the training requirements under this subchapter.
(6) The department may suspend its approval if it finds that the program fails to meet the requirements of ARM 17.56.1503 or is not in accordance with the program as approved by the department.
History: 75-11-505, MCA; IMP, 75-11-505, MCA; NEW, 2009 MAR p. 2250, Eff. 11/26/09.