17.56.902 NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
(1) An owner who brings an underground storage tank system into use after May 8, 1986, shall within 30 days of bringing such tank into use, submit a notice of existence of such tank system to the department in the form prescribed by the department.
Note: Owners and operators of UST systems that were in the ground on or after May 8, 1986, unless taken out of operation on or before January 1, 1974, were required to notify the state in accordance with the Hazardous and Solid Waste Amendments of 1984, Pub.L. 98-616, on a form published by EPA on November 8, 1985 (50 FR 46602) unless notice was given pursuant to section 103(c) of CERCLA. Owners and operators who have not complied with the notification requirements may use portions I through VI of the notification form prescribed by the department.
(2) Owners required to submit a notice under (1) shall provide a notice to the department for each tank they own. Owners may provide notice for several tanks using one notification form, but owners who own tanks located at more than one place of operation shall file a separate notification form for each separate place of operation.
(3) Notice required to be submitted under (1) must provide all of the information in sections I through VI of the prescribed form for each tank for which notice must be given. Notices for tanks installed after December 22, 1988, must also provide all of the information in section VII of the prescribed form for each tank for which notice must be given.
(4) Owners and operators of new or modified UST systems shall provide the following with the notification form set forth in ARM 17.56.901:
(a) a certification that the owner or operator has complied with the financial responsibility requirements under subchapter 8; and
(b) the following information related to the tank system:
(i) the location of each tank system;
(ii) ownership of each tank system;
(iii) status of each tank system;
(iv) the date of each tank system installation;
(v) the estimated total capacity of each tank system;
(vi) tank and piping material;
(vii) the substance currently or last stored in each tank system; and
(viii) any other information required on the notification form that is necessary to ensure tanks can be adequately identified for regulatory purposes.
(5) Owners and operators of new or modified UST systems shall ensure that, upon completion of all work and testing performed pursuant to the installation permit, the licensed installer or department inspector completes a certification of compliance in accordance with the requirements in ARM 17.56.201(1)(e).
(6) Beginning October 24, 1988, any person who sells a tank intended to be used as an underground storage tank shall notify the purchaser of the tank of the owner's notification obligations under (1). The form prescribed by the department shall be used to comply with this requirement.
(7) Owners and operators of existing or new UST systems shall notify the department on a form approved by the department when any of the information submitted on the notification form has changed, such as upgrading or repairing new or existing tanks or pipes, or change of owner, or contact person, or meeting the requirements specified in ARM 17.56.202 or subchapter 8.
History: 75-11-505, MCA; IMP, 75-11-505, MCA; NEW, 1989 MAR p. 1912, Eff. 11/23/89; TRANS, from DHES, 1995 MAR p. 2259; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 1079, Eff. 5/23/03; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 1888, Eff. 8/27/10; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 1694, Eff. 9/24/16.