17.74.508 CONTRACTOR CERTIFICATION AND RENEWAL
(1) An applicant for department certification as a methamphetamine cleanup contractor shall:
(a) provide evidence of successful completion of HAZWOPER training, consisting of an initial 40-hour HAZWOPER or current eight-hour HAZWOPER refresher, conducted pursuant to 29 CFR 1910.120;
(b) provide evidence of successful completion of a department-approved initial 16-hour methamphetamine cleanup contractor course and submit to the department a copy of the methamphetamine cleanup contractor certificate of course completion issued by the training provider pursuant to ARM 17.74.514(2)(f);
(c) a completed application for certification as methamphetamine cleanup contractor;
(d) the fee established in ARM 17.74.518; and
(e) if the applicant completed the initial methamphetamine cleanup contractor course more than six months prior to the application date, written evidence of completion of an eight-hour refresher class.
(2) A methamphetamine cleanup contractor certificate is valid for two years from the date of training certification.
(3) In order to review a methamphetamine cleanup contractor certificate, the following information shall be submitted to the department for approval within one year of the expiration of the prior methamphetamine cleanup contractor certificate:
(a) a completed methamphetamine cleanup contractor certification renewal application form provided by the department;
(b) written evidence the renewal applicant has successfully completed an eight-hour department-approved refresher training course within six months of the date of the application; and
(c) the fee established in ARM 17.74.518.
(4) If a previously certified methamphetamine cleanup contractor does not apply for a renewal of certification under (3) within one year following the expiration of the contractor's methamphetamine cleanup contractor certification, they become ineligible for recertification through a refresher course, and must follow the provisions under (1) for certification.
(5) A certified methamphetamine cleanup contractor shall make the contractor certificates issued in (2), or other acceptable proof of methamphetamine cleanup contractor certification, available for inspection at all times during an inhabitable property decontamination project that is being performed pursuant to this subchapter.
History: 75-10-1304, MCA; IMP, 75-10-1304, MCA; NEW, 2006 MAR p. 1042, Eff. 4/21/06; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 2651, Eff. 10/24/14; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 1812, Eff. 9/24/22.