18.6.221 NEW SIGN ERECTION - CONSTRUCTION STANDARDS
(1) Within 90 days of the date of issuance of the permit, which is the date the application was approved, the sign owner will:
(a) erect the sign structure;
(b) attach the permit plate to the sign structure;
(c) attach advertising materials or copy to the sign face;
(d) attach name plaque to structure identifying the sign owner;
(e) provide written and photo verification of the sign erection.
(2) When construction has been delayed through no fault of the applicant, an extension of time to erect the structure may be granted upon written request from the sign owner which explains the reason for the request. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the department.
(3) Where a sign is erected with the purpose of its message being read from two or more highways, one or more of which is a controlled route, the more stringent of application control requirements will apply.
(4) Signs shall be rigidly suspended by means of fastening or supports so as not to be free-swinging, nor a danger to persons or property.
(5) Failure to abide by these rules may result in revocation of the permit.
History: 75-15-121, MCA; IMP, 75-15-113, 75-15-122, MCA; NEW, Eff. 12/8/75; AMD, 1986 MAR p. 339, Eff. 3/14/86; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 1855, Eff. 7/4/96; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 1878, Eff. 7/28/06; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 2476, Eff. 11/27/08; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 185, Eff. 1/27/12; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 1440, Eff. 8/20/16.