18.6.406 SPECIFIC INFORMATION (LOGO) SIGN DESIGN AND ORDER
(1) Specific information (LOGO) signs shall comply with the standards for number of signs along an approach to an interchange or intersection provided in the MUTCD and the specifications in the contract between the department and the franchisee.
(2) The number of specific information (LOGO) signs along an approach to an interchange or intersection, regardless of the number of service types displayed, shall be limited to a maximum of four.
(3) No more than three types of services shall be represented on any sign or sign assembly. If three types of services are displayed on one sign, then the logo sign panels shall be limited to two for each service type (for a total of six logo sign panels). If two types of services are displayed on one sign, then the logo sign panels shall be limited to either three for each service type (for a total of six logo sign panels), or four for one service type and two for the other service type (for a total of six logo sign panels).
(4) Specific information signs shall be erected in the following order in the direction of traffic toward the exit: CAMPING, LODGING, FOOD, and GAS.
(5) Where there is insufficient space for all four specific service signs, or where there are business signs of two or more services competing for the unused space of another service, the following priority shall govern: GAS, FOOD, LODGING, and CAMPING. Where there is greater demand for signs in one service category than there is in a higher priority category, the franchisee may request approval from the department to set a different priority at that interchange.
History: 60-5-503, MCA; IMP, 60-5-512, 60-5-513, MCA; NEW, 1990 MAR p. 111, Eff. 1/12/90; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 674, Eff. 4/1/94; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 1034, Eff. 6/24/97; TRANS, from ARM 18.7.306, 2011 MAR p. 2393, Eff. 11/11/11; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 2459, Eff. 12/7/12.