2.21.4119 APPEALING DENIAL OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS
(1) The department head shall serve as the appeal authority for all denials.
(2) Employees and applicants wishing to appeal a denial shall submit a written request, along with supporting documents, to the department head within 15 working days from the time they receive the denial letter.
(3) The department head shall work with the appropriate agency manager, the ADA coordinator, and human resources manager to review pertinent information and the rationale for denial.
(4) Upon completion of the review, the department head shall:
(a) deny the request, approve the request, or refer it back to management for further action; or
(b) notify the employee or applicant of their decision in writing within 15 working days of receiving the appeal.
(5) If the department head denies the appeal, the written notification must include an explanation for the denial and information on the right to file a complaint with the Montana Human Rights Bureau, Department of Labor and Industry.
(6) Employees and applicants may contact the Montana Human Rights Bureau at (406) 444-2884 or (800) 542-0807 or the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at (800) 669-4000 to file a complaint.
History: 2-18-102, MCA; IMP, 2-18-102, 49-2-101, 49-2-501, 49-3-102, 49-3-301, MCA; NEW, 2011 MAR p. 1668, Eff. 8/26/11.