2.60.203 APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORIZATION FOR A STATE-CHARTERED BANK
(1) One or more individual incorporators desiring to organize a bank shall file with the Commissioner of Banking and Financial Institutions an application to the State Banking Board for a certificate of authorization for a state-chartered bank. The Division of Banking and Financial Institutions of the Department of Administration adopts and incorporates by reference:
(a) the Interagency Charter and Federal Deposit Insurance Application (Expiration Date: August 31, 2019) as the form that shall be completed when applying for a certificate of authorization; and
(b) the Interagency Biographical and Financial Report (Expiration Date: April 30, 2017) for use by individuals in conjunction with the Interagency Charter and Federal Deposit Insurance Application. The application and biographical and financial report are available at the Division of Banking and Financial Institutions, P.O. Box 200546, Helena, Montana 59620-0546, or on the division web site located at https://banking.mt.gov/Home/Forms.
(2) An application fee of $10,000 shall be paid to the state of Montana at the time of application and thereafter shall not be refundable in whole or in part.
(3) With the application, the applicant must submit a summary of the evidence the applicant intends to present at the hearing for a new bank charter to demonstrate the applicant meets the standards listed in 32-1-203, MCA, so that the board may determine whether to grant or deny the application.
(4) In the event that an application is incomplete in any respect or if additional information is required, the applicants will be so notified by the Division of Banking and Financial Institutions and allowed up to 60 days in which to perfect the application or provide additional information. An extension of this 60-day period may be obtained from the Division of Banking and Financial Institutions by showing good cause why it should be so extended.
(5) The board may request additional information from an applicant if, in its discretion, additional information is needed to reach a decision on the application.
History: 32-1-203, MCA; IMP, 32-1-203, MCA; Eff. 5/5/74; AMD, Eff. 4/4/77; AMD, 1987 MAR p. 1970, Eff. 10/30/87; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 1146, Eff. 4/29/94; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 1181; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 215, Eff. 1/29/10; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 668, Eff. 4/26/13; AMD, 2017 MAR p. 486, Eff. 4/29/17.