23.12.504 GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE REQUIRED FOR PUBLIC DISPLAY OF FIREWORKS
(1) Any organization or group of individuals planning a public display of fireworks must provide proof to either the FPIS or the governing body of a city, town, or county, that the group has a general liability insurance policy in the amount of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence.
(2) The proof of insurance must be provided with the application for permit referenced in 50-37-107, MCA, no later than 15 days prior to any public display of fireworks. The general liability insurance policy must be valid at the time of the public display.
(3) The general liability insurance policy must cover payment of any liability, including personal and property damages, arising out of the public display of fireworks.
(4) Although the general liability insurance must meet the requirements of 50-37-108, MCA, an insurance policy is permitted in lieu of a damage indemnity bond as damage indemnity bonds are no longer available for the public display of fireworks.
(5) Alternative methods of liability coverage may be approved if equivalent to the above-listed requirements.
History: 50-3-102, 50-3-103, MCA; IMP, 50-37-108, MCA; NEW, 1999 MAR p. 2860, Eff. 12/17/99; TRANS, from ARM 23.7.204, 2008 MAR p. 1467, Eff. 7/18/08; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 395, Eff. 2/12/10.