23.16.1209 POKER CHIPS - VALUE AND PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
(1) Each poker chip used must be either clearly and permanently impressed, engraved, or imprinted on one side with a specific value of the chip or colored so as to clearly denote the value of the chip. At the operator's or card room contractor's discretion, the other side of the chip may have the operator's or card room contractor's name represented by a related design, symbol, abbreviation, or other identification which would differentiate the operator's or card room contractor's chips from those being used by every other operator or card room contractor.
(2) Each denomination of poker chip must have a different primary color from the other denominations of chips. Each operator or card room contractor may, at his discretion, utilize contrasting secondary colors for any inlays on each denomination of poker chip.
(3) The value and colors of the poker chips must be conspicuously posted within sight of the card table.
(4) Poker chips must be sold for cash only and no credit of any nature may be extended to a person purchasing chips.
(5) The operator or card room contractor must redeem on demand his own chips for cash at the value for which they were sold.
History: 23-5-115, MCA; IMP, 23-5-311, 23-5-324, MCA; EMERG, NEW, 1990 MAR p. 286, Eff. 2/9/90; AMD, 1991 MAR p. 1942, Eff. 10/18/91.