23.16.2305 EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS
(1) Electronic live bingo or keno equipment may offer only those games authorized as live bingo or keno under Title 23, chapter 5, part 4, MCA.
(2) The equipment must:
(a) allow easy access to the equipment for field verification;
(b) have a manufacturer identification tag permanently affixed to approved hardware in a location approved by the department that lists the manufacturer, serial number, model, and date of manufacture;
(c) have no means of manipulation that could affect the accounting operation or outcome of a game;
(d) generate game numbers using a random number generator; and
(e) meet the same specifications imposed on VGMs under ARM 23.16.1901, 23.16.1905, and 23.16.1906.
(3) In addition to the requirements provided for in (1) and (2), electronic live bingo equipment must:
(a) use a field of numbers from 1 through 75;
(b) display the numbers picked;
(c) operate in conformance with the standard rules of bingo; and
(d) designate the winning arrangement of numbers before each game begins.
(4) In addition to the requirements provided for in (1) and (2), electronic live keno equipment must:
(a) use a field of numbers from 1 through 80;
(b) display the numbers picked; and
(c) operate in conformance with the standard rules of keno.
(5) The department shall determine what optional features may be allowed. These features must be approved by the department before installation.
(6) At the department's request, the licensed manufacturer shall submit any information required under ARM 23.16.1911 that the department determines is necessary to ensure that the equipment is in compliance with this rule.
History: 23-5-115, 23-5-426, MCA; IMP, 23-5-115, 23-5-426, MCA; NEW, 1991 MAR p. 1942, Eff. 10/18/91; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 404, Eff. 2/25/97; AMD, 2005 MAR p. 1281, Eff. 7/15/05; AMD, 2018 MAR p. 1958, Eff. 10/6/18.