23.19.203 REPAIRS AND SERVICES
It shall be an unfair or deceptive act or practice for a motor vehicle repair business to:
(1) fail to honor his agreement with a customer to repair the customer's motor vehicle as represented in the written estimate;
(2) make or charge for repairs which have not been expressly authorized by the customer;
(3) represent that repairs have been made when such is not a fact;
(4) represent that certain parts and repairs are necessary to repair the vehicle when such is not a fact;
(5) represent that the vehicle being inspected or diagnosed is in a dangerous condition or that the customer's continued use of the vehicle may be harmful to him or cause great damage to the vehicle when such is not a fact;
(6) fraudulently alter or misuse any customer's credit card, contract, estimate, invoice or other document;
(7) make or authorize any statement written or oral which is known, or with reasonable care should be known, to be deceptive or misleading;
(8) make false promises of a character likely to influence, persuade, or induce a customer to authorize the repair, service or maintenance of a motor vehicle;
(9) engage in any other unfair or deceptive acts or practices.
History: 30-14-104, MCA; IMP, 30-14-104, MCA; Eff. 2/5/76; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 1176; TRANS, from Administration, 2006 MAR p. 322, Eff. 2/10/06.