23.19.507 STATE DO-NOT-CALL DATABASE
(1) The department shall use the national do-not-call list as the state do-not-call database.
(2) Citizens may give notice of their objection to receiving telephone solicitations by signing up to the national do-no-call list. A citizen's notice of objection shall last five years or until their phone number is disconnected.
(3) Only the information needed by the FTC to maintain the national do-not-call list must be collected. The FTC shall specify this information.
(4) A person or entity wishing to or required to gain access to the national do-not-call list shall pay the FTC its fee for access to that part or portion of the national do-not-call list containing the numbers in the 406 area code. The department may not charge a fee.
(5) A telemarketer operating in or into Montana shall provide proof of legal access to the national do-not-call list within 10 days of the department requesting it. Failure to provide proof is a violation of 30-14-103 , MCA.
History: 30-14-1603, MCA; IMP, 30-14-1603, MCA; NEW, 2003 MAR p. 2847, Eff. 12/25/03; TRANS, from Administration, 2006 MAR p. 322, Eff. 2/10/06.