23.3.184 EXCEPTION PROCESS
(1) Applicants who, for reasons beyond their control, are unable to present all necessary documents may request that the department issue a REAL ID credential through an exception process.
(2) If an exception is necessary, an applicant shall request an exception in writing on a form approved by the department and provide alternative documents.
(3) Alternative documents to demonstrate authorized presence will only be allowed to demonstrate U.S. citizenship.
(4) The request for an exception must be reviewed by the department. The department shall make reasonable efforts to establish the authenticity of the alternative documents at the time they are submitted.
(5) If the department grants an exception, the department shall note this decision on the driver record.
History: 61-5-125, 61-5-128, MCA; IMP, 61-5-128, 61-5-129, MCA; NEW, 2018 MAR p. 1956, Eff. 10/6/18.