23.8.203 APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATION
(1) An applicant for certification shall submit an application on a form prescribed by the department. Applications may be found on the department's website at sitsd.mt.gov/PublicSafetyCommunications.
(2) The application must be complete and must include the following:
(a) a declaration signed by an official authorized to act on behalf of the local or tribal government entity submitting the application that the applicant meets the requirements of ARM 2.13.304(1) and will operate in accordance with the PSAP certification requirements; and
(b) a copy of any agreement required under (3) or (4).
(3) If more than one local government entity is participating in an application:
(a) the local government entities must have entered into an interlocal agreement under 7-11-104, MCA, or other agreement addressing the criteria set forth in 7-11-104, MCA, defining the terms of the parties' participation in the 9-1-1 system; and
(b) the declaration required in (2)(a) must be signed by an official authorized to act on behalf of each local government entity participating in the PSAP and must include an acknowledgment that the participating entities have entered into an interlocal agreement or other agreement addressing the criteria set forth in 7-11-104, MCA.
(4) The applicant must be prepared to provide verification of statements made in its application and declaration if requested by the department.
(5) Following initial certification, to continue to receive payments under 10-4-305, MCA, a local or tribal government entity that hosts a PSAP shall apply for recertification on or before April 1, 2023, and every five years following. In the interim, a certified PSAP shall advise the department of any changes that may affect PSAP certification requirements.
History: 10-4-108, MCA; IMP, 10-4-107, 10-4-305, MCA; NEW, 2018 MAR p. 427, Eff. 2/24/18; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 1368, Eff. 8/24/19; TRANS, from 2.13.305, 2022 MAR p. 833, Eff. 5/28/22.