24.12.107 DISPLACED HOMEMAKER PROGRAM, ALLOWABLE ACTIVITIES
(1) Allowable activities may include but are not limited to:
(a) job counseling;
(b) job training, including assistance to displaced homemakers in gaining admission to training and educational programs;
(c) job placement;
(d) referral to other social service agencies;
(e) development of social service programs;
(f) support services; and
(g) development of outreach programs to rural areas.
(2) Job counseling should consist of development of an employability development plan, identification of job barriers and skill assessment, and may also include testing, personal and career goal setting and similar activities.
(3) Job training includes, but is not limited to, enrollment in a public or proprietary school or other institutional setting for pre-vocational or vocational instruction.
(4) Job placement means the hiring into unsubsidized employment of an individual served by this program.
(5) Referral to other social service agencies includes those agencies that provide information and assistance with respect to such items as health care, financial matters, education, nutrition, and legal problems.
(6) Development of social service programs includes assistance to and coordination of activities with other social service agencies in fields such as health care, financial matters, education, nutrition, and legal problems.
(7) Support services include such items as child care for preschool children, transportation assistance to participate in the program, health care, financial counseling, temporary shelter, grants for education, and post-termination services.
(8) Development of outreach programs to rural areas includes the provision of job counseling, training, placement and referral services in outlying areas. Services should be advertised in advance, through such means as the media and local service organizations or agencies. A field office may be set up for this purpose.
History: 39-7-306, MCA; IMP, 39-7-304 and 39-7-305, MCA; NEW, 1983 MAR p. 1536, Eff. 10/28/83.