For the purposes of this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Contracted agency" means a private nonprofit or for-profit entity that has entered into a written contract with the state to provide workforce development services pursuant to the HELP Act program.
(2) "DLI" means the Department of Labor and Industry provided for in 2-15-1701, MCA.
(3) "DPHHS" means the Department of Public Health and Human Services provided for in 2-15-2201, MCA.
(4) "HELP Act" means the provisions of Title 39, chapter 12, MCA, and Title 53, chapter 6, part 13, MCA.
(5) "Job Service office" means any of the various employment offices around the state that are operated by DLI, which are open to the public for the purpose of facilitating the exchange of labor between job seekers and job offerors.
(6) "Program participant" must be an individual who is actively enrolled in the department's HELP-Link workforce development program and is receiving services and assistance from a DLI contracted agency.
(7) "Services and assistance" means help from activities related to the participant finding suitable employment or related to an employer finding qualified employees.
(8) "Workforce development program" means the full range of assistance and services provided to program participants and employers. The programs and services shall help individuals to enter the workforce or obtain better-paying jobs, and the programs and services help employers to obtain and maintain qualified employees.
History: 39-12-107, 53-6-1318, MCA; IMP, 39-12-101, 39-12-102, 39-12-103, MCA; NEW, 2016 MAR p. 1165, Eff. 4/23/16; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 235, Eff. 2/12/22.