(1) The program shall define relapse and determine when relapse has occurred.
(2) The program may report to the board a participant with a single episode of relapse and/or early detection of relapse, with nominal substance abuse.
(a) Even in cases where the program does not report participants under (2), the program shall reevaluate the participant and document any further treatment recommended by the program.
(3) A participant who has more than one relapse or a severe relapse during the period the participant is under contract with the program must be reported to the board screening panel for review.
(4) A participant's relapse may necessitate the participant's:
(a) withdrawal from practice;
(b) further evaluation and/or treatment as determined by the program;
(c) monitoring terms being reassessed and/or modified by the program;
(d) compliance with other recommendations as determined by the program; or
(e) discipline as imposed by a board final order.
(5) The board must take disciplinary action against the license of a participant who has more than two relapses during the period the participant is under contract with the program.
History: 37-1-131, 37-4-205, 37-29-201, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-1-312, 37-4-311, 37-4-312, 37-4-313, 37-4-314, MCA; NEW, 2007 MAR p. 43, Eff. 1/12/07; AMD, 2011 MAR p. 2629, Eff. 12/9/11.