24.22.513 AWARD OF GRANTS AND PAYMENTS
(1) Grant funding is limited by the appropriations available for the grants.
(2) The department may award a grant for less than the full amount requested. The amount of a grant that is awarded is the maximum payable for the grant.
(a) The department may award grant funding up to $5,000 to a lead applicant without use of the limited solicitation procedure outlined in (b).
(b) The department, in its sole discretion, may request grant applications in the form of limited solicitations pursuant to the Montana Procurement Act, Title 18, chapter 4, MCA, for grant applications requesting over $5,000 and not more than $25,000.
(3) Grants are funded based upon the evaluation of the applications as provided by ARM 24.22.510.
(4) Upon an award of grant funds, the department shall enter into a fiscal agreement with the successful lead applicant. The funding agreement must address the following:
(a) the terms of the grant;
(b) audit rights of the department and/or state;
(c) intellectual property;
(d) the grant reporting requirements; and
(e) any other matters related to the proper expenditure of public funds.
(5) Upon an award of grant funds, the successful lead applicant must:
(a) sign the financial agreement within 14 calendar days; and
(b) submit a completed state of Montana form SW9 (Substitute W-9) or IRS form W-9.
History: 39-11-305, MCA; IMP, 39-11-305, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 2420, Eff. 12/25/20.