24.26.546 GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE – STEP 2: STATE HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION
(1) If an employee does not agree with the decision of the department head or designee, the employee shall submit the appeals form to the State Human Resources Division within 14 days of the date of the department head's or designee's decision. The employee must identify and explain, in writing, how he or she disputes the findings of the department head or designee.
(2) The State Human Resources Division shall have 30 days to review the matter, record its findings in the appropriate section of the form, and return it to the employee or the proper representative.
(3) The review and findings of the State Human Resources Division is not limited to the issues raised by the employee in the appeal form. The State Human Resources Division may review any additional classification issues or facts relevant to the appeal, including any additional issues raised upon consolidation of appeals pursuant to ARM 24.26.542.
(4) The State Human Resources Division must prepare clear written findings explaining its position regarding each relevant issue.
(5) If the employee disputes the State Human Resources Division's findings and recommendations, the employee shall have 14 days to appeal to the board pursuant to ARM 24.26.548.
History: 39-31-104, MCA; IMP, 2-18-203, 2-18-1011, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 2422, Eff. 12/25/20.