24.301.577 VIOLATION AND HEARINGS
(1) Any violation of or noncompliance with any provision of Title 50, chapter 60, MCA, or these rules or orders of the bureau shall be cause for the suspension or revocation of insignia issued pursuant to said statutes or rules after a proper hearing as provided in this rule.
(2) The hearing board for such violations or noncompliance shall be the Department of Labor and Industry.
(3) The hearing board shall hold hearings for any purpose deemed by the bureau to be necessary for the enforcement of Title 50, chapter 60, MCA, and these rules.
(4) Any person aggrieved by an order or decision of the bureau may request and shall be granted a hearing on the matter before the hearing board. Such person shall file with the bureau a written petition requesting such hearing, which shall set forth a brief statement of the grounds thereof.
(5) Upon receipt of such petition, the bureau shall set a time and place for such hearing and shall give the petitioner written notice thereof by certified mail. Said hearing shall commence no later than 30 days after the day on which said petition was filed; however, the bureau may postpone the date of such hearing for a reasonable time beyond such 30-day period if the bureau determines that good and sufficient reasons exist for such postponement.
(6) All hearings shall be held in accordance with the provisions of Title 50, chapter 60, MCA, and the Montana Administrative Procedure Act.
(7) Upon conclusion of such hearing, the bureau shall notify the petitioner in writing by certified mail of its decision in the matter within 30 days after termination of the hearing.
History: 50-60-203, 50-60-401, MCA; IMP, 50-60-203, 50-60-401, MCA; NEW, Eff. 3/1/75; AMD, Eff. 4/4/77; TRANS, from Dept. of Admin. , Ch. 352, L. 1985, Eff. 7/1/85; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 2301.