24.301.606 PLAN REVIEW AND PERMIT FEE
(1) An elevator contractor may not erect, construct, install, or alter any conveyance subject to the provisions of Title 50, chapter 60, MCA, unless the elevator contractor has first submitted plans, paid the fee, and obtained a permit from the department.
(2) The plan review and permit fee for new installations and alterations of a conveyance is:
(a) valuation up to and including $40,000 $200
plus $50 per stop excluding lifts
(b) valuation over $40,000 $200
plus $50 per stop excluding lifts,
plus $3 for each $1,000 or fraction thereof over $40,000
(3) Whenever a new conveyance is proposed to be installed or alterations are proposed to an existing conveyance in a certified building jurisdiction, the elevator contractor must provide that jurisdiction with a copy of the plans submitted to the department.
(4) The permit holder must contact the department or a licensed elevator inspector for an inspection of a newly installed or altered conveyance a minimum of ten working days prior to the scheduled or anticipated date for placing the conveyance in use.
(a) Prior to calling for inspection of a newly installed or altered conveyance, the permit holder must ensure all aspects of the installation or alteration are complete and ready for inspection, including, but not limited to:
(i) the functioning of all conveyance components; and
(ii) completion of all related electrical, mechanical, fire alarm, fire suppression, and building construction work to the shaft, machine room, and related areas.
(b) If upon the requested arrival of department personnel, the conveyance is not ready for inspection, the permit holder shall be responsible for the inspection fee despite the inability to complete the inspection, and will be responsible for all subsequent inspections.
(5) Permits will expire as provided by 50-60-709, MCA.
(6) In addition to the criteria provided at 50-60-709, MCA, a permit may be revoked and subject to an administrative hearing under 50-60-105, MCA, for:
(a) having a reasonable cause finding of unprofessional conduct, as defined in 37-1-402 and 37-1-410, MCA, against a licensed elevator contractor or mechanic that relates to the safety of the conveyance, subject to the permit; or
(b) failure to obtain or maintain insurance as required in 50-60-716, MCA.
History: 50-60-705, 50-60-709, MCA; IMP, 50-60-105, 50-60-709, 50-60-711, MCA; NEW, 2006 MAR p. 567, Eff. 2/24/06; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 52, Eff. 1/18/13; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 2780, Eff. 11/7/14; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 911, Eff. 6/11/22.