24.301.713 OPERATING CERTIFICATE
(1) Boilers shall not be placed into operation, prior to the issuance of an operating certificate by the department, as required by 50-74-206 , MCA, unless otherwise exempted by the rules of this subchapter or permission to operate the boiler on a temporary basis is obtained from the department.
(2) Operating certificates for boilers inspected by the department will be issued following the boiler inspection(s) , proper notification to the department of corrections of all deficiencies found during inspection, submission of the boiler inspection report/invoice and payment of the fee(s) imposed by 50-74-219 , MCA.
(3) Operating certificates for boilers inspected by insurance companies may be issued following submission of boiler inspection reports, approved by the insurance company's special boiler inspector, to the department and payment of the operating certificate fee, by the owner or user, as required by 50-74-219 , MCA. Owners and/or users will receive notification for payment of the operating certificate fee from the department.
(4) Operating certificates are valid for 12 months from the date of issuance, unless the expiration date is extended by the department, pursuant to the longer inspection intervals authorized by 50-74-209 , MCA.
(5) Operating certificates issued for a boiler inspected by a special boiler inspector, shall be valid only if the boiler continues to be insured by an authorized insurance company or until the expiration date.
(6) When an accident occurs which renders a boiler inoperative, the owner or user shall notify the department as soon as it is practical.
History: 50-60-203, 50-74-101, MCA; IMP, 50-60-203, 50-74-206, 50-74-208, MCA; NEW, 1996 MAR p. 420, Eff. 2/9/96; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 2301.