24.33.461 RECOGNITION OF CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
(1) Any sponsoring organization that requests continuing education credits be approved by the department for training must complete and submit a request on a form provided by the department.
(2) The department shall review the course submission and determine the number of credit hours to be awarded for completion of the course. Course topics must be germane to the skills needed for competency as a home inspection worker.
(3) An hour of credit is available for each 50 minutes of continuing education instruction.
(4) Courses subject to an award of continuing education credits may include but are not limited to:
(a) classroom setting or seminars;
(b) self-study, electronic media;
(c) correspondence course;
(d) computer-based training; or
(e) remote training.
(5) Continuing education programs offered or recognized by the following associations are deemed to be accepted by the department:
(a) American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI); and
(b) International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI).
(6) The department will accept continuing education courses offered by any other content provider, where the course has been recognized or accepted by two or more states that require continuing education for home inspectors as a condition of renewal of authority to engage in home inspection in that state.
(7) A list of recognized continuing education sponsors is available on the department's home inspector web page.
(8) A list of approved continuing education courses from other content providers is available on the department's home inspector web page.
History: 39-9-103, 39-9-212, MCA; IMP, 39-9-212, MCA; NEW, 2019 MAR p. 2121, Eff. 11/23/19.