(1) "Admission" means selection for part-time, full-time, special, associate, transfer, exchange, or any other enrollment, membership, or matriculation in or at an education program or activity operated by an educational institution.
(2) "Auxiliary services" for students includes but is not limited to: health care, food services, playing fields, public accommodations on campus, speech therapy, remedial programs, mental health programs, and special programs.
(3) "Educational institution" means a public or private institution and includes an academy; college; elementary or secondary school; extension course; kindergarten; nursery; school system; university; business, nursing, professional, secretarial, technical or vocational school; or agent of an educational institution.
(4) "Extracurricular activity" includes school-sponsored or supported clubs, teams, or activities of general or specific interest not part of classroom instruction.
(5) "Housing accommodation" means a building or portion of a building whether constructed or to be constructed, which is or will be used as the sleeping quarters of its occupants.
(6) "Person" means one or more individuals, and includes applicants for admission as well as students.
(7) "Physical education activities involving bodily contact" means boxing, wrestling, rugby, ice hockey, football, basketball, and other sports the purpose or major activity of which involves bodily contact.
(8) "Public accommodation" means a place which is operated by an educational institution as defined in section 49-2-101 (17) , MCA.
(9) "Sexual harassment" means unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
(10) "Sexual intimidation" means any unreasonable behavior, verbal or nonverbal, which has the effect of subjecting members of either sex to humiliation, embarrassment or discomfort because of their gender.
(11) "Student" means a person who has gained admission and is currently engaged in the program of an educational institution.
History: This rule is advisory only but may be a correct interpretation of the law, Sec. 2-4-308, MCA, Eff. 10/1/83; Sec. 49-2-204, 49-3-106, MCA; IMP, Sec. 49-2-307 and 49-3-203, MCA; NEW, 1987 MAR p. 312, Eff. 3/27/87.