32.3.1507 EXHIBITIONS OF POULTRY
(1) All out-of-state poultry to be exhibited in Montana must be accompanied by an official health certificate issued in compliance with sub-chapter 2. Such poultry must also comply with the requirements of this sub-chapter.
(2) All entries to a poultry exhibition, originating within Montana, must be accompanied by a declaration or certification in writing, made by an authorized representative of the Montana department of livestock, animal health division, that the poultry entries and the flocks from which they were obtained are free from evidence of or exposure to any infectious, contagious, or communicable disease of poultry. The declaration of certification may be made not more than 7 days prior to the admission of any poultry to be exhibited at any exhibition in Montana. The certificate must accompany the birds and be presented to the superintendent of the poultry exhibition when entries are made. The certificates are to be available to an authorized representative of the Montana department of livestock, animal health division.
(3) All entries must be vaccinated against Newcastle Disease with a killed-virus vaccine not less than 15 days nor more than 120 days prior to exhibition.
(4) Birds from flocks where fowl pox vaccination has been practiced may be exhibited, provided they have been officially vaccinated with pigeon pox vaccine at least 30 days, or with fowl pox vaccine at least 60 days prior to exhibition. No birds may be accepted for exhibition if fowl pox has existed in the flock during the preceding 12 months.
(5) Poultry may not be admitted for exhibition that originate from flocks in which laryngotracheitis has occurred within the past 16 months, or which have been vaccinated with laryngotracheitis virus within the last 10 days.
(6) All crates, boxes, containers, or vehicles, must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before being used to transport poultry to any exhibition.
(7) Upon being presented for admission to any exhibition, all poultry must be examined for evidence of infectious, contagious or communicable disease by a representative of the Montana department of livestock, animal health division. Poultry showing symptoms of an infectious, contagious or communicable disease, and all contact birds, must be refused admittance.
(8) All birds at the exhibition must be examined at least once each day by a representative of the Montana department of livestock, animal health division. Poultry showing evidence of any disease, and all poultry in the same cage, must be immediately removed and held in isolation under official quarantine.
History: Sec. 81-20-101 MCA; IMP, Sec. 81-20-101 MCA; Eff. 12/31/72.