32.4.701 TRANSPORT WITHIN AND INTO MONTANA
(1) Prior to movement of alternative livestock within Montana, the animals must be inspected pursuant to 81-3-203(1) through (3), MCA, excluding those exceptions outlined in ARM 32.4.301.
(2) When transporting alternative livestock within and into Montana, the animal shipment shall be accompanied by the inspection certificate or transport permit and if a change of ownership has occurred, a valid bill of sale must accompany the shipment. If the animals are moved in more than one vehicle, the driver of each vehicle shall have in his possession a copy of the inspection certificate or transport permit, and bill of sale.
(3) Imported animals must meet all the requirements of ARM 32.4.601.
(4) Movement of alternative livestock must be in a secured and enclosed vehicle.
(5) Movement of alternative livestock from alternative livestock farm property to alternative livestock farm property under one license must be within a secured and enclosed vehicle unless the following conditions have been met:
(a) the properties are immediately adjacent with no separation distance between the properties; or
(b) the alternative livestock farm licensee must submit to the department for review and approval a proposed alternative method of transportation or movement of animals between separated properties. This shall include but is not limited to the movement of animals from pasture to pasture across public or private roads, easements, and rights of way.
History: 87-4-422, MCA; IMP, 87-4-422, MCA; NEW, 1999 MAR p. 136, Eff. 1/15/99; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 2974, Eff. 12/24/10; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 414, Eff. 3/29/13.