32.6.1101 CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE
(1) The walls and floors must be constructed of concrete or other impervious material.
(2) The floors must be equipped with adequate drains.
(3) All buildings must be vermin and rodent proof.
(4) No liquid waste, either from the rendering processes or from washing, may be discharged into any stream or water place, or upon the surface of the ground, nor may liquid waste be discharged in any manner which will contaminate any water supply, or make it unfit for human or livestock consumption. All sewage from washing floors, washing vehicles and liquid waste from rendering processes must be disposed of in a manner satisfactory to the Montana department of livestock, animal health division and the Montana department of health and environmental sciences.
(5) All unloading places or chutes used by a rendering plant or disposal plant must be on floors which are of concrete or other impervious material which can be easily cleaned and disinfected.
(6) All buildings used as collection stations must be constructed with floors and walls or concrete or other impervious material, equipped with adequate drains, adequate washing and disinfecting equipment, and constructed so as to be vermin and rodent proof. If bodies, or parts of bodies, of dead animals are to be stored for more than 48 hours, adequate refrigeration must be provided. Collection stations must be maintained the same as rendering or disposal plants.
(7) Floors and walls must be thoroughly scrubbed and flushed with water having a temperature of at least 170°F. following each day's operation.
(8) The buildings and surroundings must be maintained in a sanitary condition at all times.
(9) Flies must be kept under control at all times.
(10) A rendering or disposal plant may not be constructed on a site where it would be classified as a nuisance.
History: Sec. 81-9-302 MCA; IMP, Sec. 81-9-302 MCA; Eff. 12/31/72.