36.11.307 HAZARDOUS OR TOXIC MATERIALS
(1) The handling, storage, application, or disposal of hazardous or toxic materials in the SMZ in a manner that pollutes streams, lakes, or wetlands or that may cause damage or injury to humans, land, animals, or plants is prohibited.
(2) Any application of herbicides or pesticides must be done in a manner that such materials are not introduced to streams, lakes, wetlands, or other bodies of water through surface runoff or subsurface flow.
(3) Any application of herbicides or pesticides must be done in a manner which does not destroy vegetation in the SMZ to an extent which impairs the capacity of the SMZ to provide shade or to act as an effective sediment filter.
(4) Any application of herbicides or pesticides in the SMZ must be in accordance with all label directions and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the use of such material.
(5) Dust abatement agents which do not contain waste oil may be applied on roads in the SMZ provided that such material is not directly introduced into a stream, lake, or other body of water.
History: 77-5-307, MCA; IMP, 77-5-303, MCA; NEW, 1993 MAR p. 14, Eff. 3/15/93; TRANS, 1995 MAR p. 1958, Eff. 7/1/95.