(1) The examination is given by appointment in the board office in Helena, Montana, on any work day, Monday through Friday. The examination must be started prior to 2:00 p.m.
(2) Examinations may also be given at the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation Water Resources Regional offices in Billings, Bozeman, Glasgow, Kalispell, Lewistown, Havre, and Missoula. Applications must be approved by the board office prior to setting for the exam at a regional office.
(3) The examination fees may be found at ARM 36.21.415.
(4) Examinations given in regional offices shall be written.
(5) A grade of 80 percent is necessary to pass the examination. Grading will be completed by the board or its designee.
(6) Oral examinations may be given in the Helena board office with specific board approval on a case-by-case basis.
(7) Applicants for licensure by reciprocity will be required to pass the examination with a score of 80 percent.
(8) Applicants may not use notes or reference materials for the exam.
(9) Any applicant who is determined by the board to be cheating on an examination or using inappropriate material during an examination will fail and be required to wait at least one year before reapplying for a license.
(10) An applicant shall have one year from the date of board approval to take the examination for which the application was approved. If the examination is not taken within that one-year period, the applicant will be required to submit a new application with written verification, and pay the applicable fees.
(11) An applicant who fails to take an examination within 18 months from the date of the last examination that was failed will be required to submit a new application, provide written verification, and pay the applicable fees.
History: 37-43-202, MCA; IMP, 37-43-305, 37-43-308, MCA; Eff. 12/21/72; AMD, 1978 MAR p. 905, Eff. 6/24/78; TRANS, from Dept. Prof. & Occup. Lic., Ch. 274, L. 1981, Eff. 7/1/81; TRANS, from Dept. of Commerce, Ch. 728, L. 1985, Eff. 7/1/85; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 1914, Eff. 12/13/85; AMD, 1986 MAR p. 1601, Eff. 9/26/86; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 65, Eff. 1/17/97; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 1614, Eff. 7/16/10.