36.22.1222 HYDROGEN SULFIDE GAS
(1) The owner or operator of an oil or gas well drilled after the effective date of this rule that produces more than 20 MCF of gas per day containing more than 20 parts per million hydrogen sulfide must submit a hydrogen sulfide gas report to the board with Form 4 after the completion of the well.
(2) The owner or operator of an oil or gas well drilled and completed prior to the effective date of this rule that produces more than 20 MCF of gas per day containing more than 20 parts per million hydrogen sulfide must submit a hydrogen sulfide gas report with Form 2 within 12 months after the effective date of this rule.
(3) When more than one well produces casinghead gas into a common production facility, the hydrogen sulfide gas report required by subsections (1) and (2) of this rule must be submitted for the facility in lieu of the submission of a report for each well that produces into the facility.
(4) The hydrogen sulfide gas report required under this rule must include the following information:
(a) the name and location of the well(s) ;
(b) the name and address of the operator or owner of the well(s) ;
(c) the name(s) and depth(s) of the hydrogen sulfide-producing geologic formation(s) ; and
(d) a gas analysis that indicates the percent concentration of methane, hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, ethane, butane/pentane, and other constituents.
(5) The owner or operator of a production facility with the potential of accumulating hydrogen sulfide gas in concentrations of 100 parts per million or more must take measures to restrict and warn against access to the facility and must install a wind sock and hydrogen sulfide warning signs at such facility.
History: 82-11-111, MCA; IMP, 82-11-123, 82-11-124, MCA; NEW, 1992 MAR p. 654, Eff. 4/1/92.