37.100.149 ADULT FOSTER CARE HOMES (AFCH): ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR AN AFCH LICENSED TO SERVE INDIVIDUALS WITH MENTAL ILLESS
(1) An AFCH licensed to serve individuals with mental illness must admit only those residents that meet the following admission criteria:
(a) be diagnosed with a severe disabling mental illness as defined in ARM 37.86.3503;
(b) be medically stable;
(c) must not be an immediate danger to themselves or others; and
(d) be able to take medications when prompted.
(2) Documentation of the resident meeting admission criteria in (1) must be in the resident's file.
(3) The AFCH must contract with a licensed mental health center that has an adult foster care endorsement pursuant to ARM 37.106.1906 or have a formal working relationship with a case management team providing mental health services to the resident.
(4) The AFCH provider contracting with a mental health center must participate in residents' treatment planning as required in ARM 37.106.2016.
(5) In addition to requirements in ARM 37.100.162, a placement agreement must set forth the terms of the resident's placement, the responsibilities of the foster care provider, the responsibilities of the mental health center or case management team, the responsibilities of the resident, and when appropriate, the responsibilities of the resident's legal guardian.
(6) The AFCH provider contracting with a mental health center must participate in orientation as required in ARM 37.106.2004.
(7) The AFCH will assign chores to residents only as outlined in the resident's treatment plan.
(8) AFCH providers must have a written policy describing the consequences to the resident when violating any rules which the AFCH itself establishes.
(9) If the house rules are violated by the resident the AFCH will submit an incident report to the mental health center or case management team within 24 hours.
History: 50-5-103, 50-5-215, MCA; IMP, 50-5-103, 50-5-215, MCA; NEW, 2014 MAR p. 1098, Eff. 5/23/14.