37.106.1469 ASAM 2.5 PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER FACILITY
(1) To be licensed to provide ASAM 2.5 services as outlined in the ASAM Criteria, a SUDF must meet the following staffing requirements:
(a) clinical director;
(b) licensed addiction counselors or mental health professionals in sufficient numbers to provide counseling and therapy services to clients with substance use disorders as described by this chapter and in accordance with the clients' individualized treatment plans;
(c) care managers in sufficient numbers to provide services to clients required by this chapter and in accordance with the clients' individualized treatment plans; and
(d) rehabilitation aides in sufficient number to provide direct care services and supervision of clients.
(2) The SUDF must have direct access by consultation or referral to medical and psychiatric services within eight hours by telephone or 48 hours in person.
(3) Weekly scheduled skilled treatment services must be provided by an interdisciplinary team of appropriately licensed and trained staff a minimum of 20 hours per week.
(4) If treatment services cannot be provided a minimum of 20 hours in a given week due to unforeseen issues such as illness, medical appointments, or other similar circumstances, the program must document the following:
(a) reason for not meeting the minimum hourly requirements; and
(b) attempts to follow-up and reschedule client treatment services.
(5) Coordination of necessary services (medical, laboratory, toxicology, psychiatric, psychological, emergency) or other levels of care and supportive housing services must be available through direct affiliation or referral processes.
History: 50-5-103, MCA; IMP, 50-5-103, MCA; NEW, 2022 MAR p. 1889, Eff. 9/24/22.