37.106.2828 RESIDENT RIGHTS
(1) The facility shall comply with the Montana Long-Term Care Residents' Bill of Rights, found at 50-5-1101 , et seq., MCA. This includes the posting of the facility's statement of resident rights in a conspicuous place. Prior to or upon admission of a resident, the assisted living facility shall explain and provide the resident with a copy of the Montana Long-Term Care Residents' Bill of Rights.
(2) Residents have the right to execute living wills and other advance health care directives, and to have those advance directives honored by the facility in accordance with law.
(3) Prior to admission of a resident, the assisted living facility must inform a potential resident in writing of:
(a) their right (at the individual's option) to make decisions regarding medical care, including the right to accept or refuse medical treatment, and the right to formulate an advance directive; and
(b) explain and provide a copy of the facility's policies regarding advance directives, including a policy that the facility cannot implement an advance directive, either because of a conscientious objection (under 50-9-203 , MCA) , or, for some other reason as stated in facility policy (under 50-9-203 , MCA) .
(4) If the facility policy is not to implement an advanced directive the facility shall:
(a) take all reasonable steps to transfer the resident to a facility which has no prohibition against implementation of advance directives; or
(b) shall inform the resident in writing of any limitations placed upon implementation of the resident's advance directive by the facility.
(5) An assisted living facility may not require an execution of an advance directive as a condition for admission.
History: Sec. 50-5-103, 50-5-226 and 50-5-227, MCA; IMP, Sec. 50-5-225, 50-5-226 and 50-5-227, MCA; NEW, 2002 MAR p. 3638, Eff. 12/27/02; AMD, 2004 MAR p. 1146, Eff. 5/7/04.