37.111.102 REVIEW OF PLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS
(1) Plans and specifications must be submitted to the local health authority for review and approval before any new license is issued.
(2) Local health authority approval is required before any construction, remodeling, or conversion for a new or existing establishment begins.
(3) The local health authority must review the plans and respond to the applicant within 30 days with a written approval, disapproval, or request for additional information.
(4) If the establishment was previously licensed by the department and no structural modification will be involved, the local health authority may waive the requirement for the submission of plans and specifications.
(5) If the local health authority is unable to perform the review, plans and specifications must be submitted to the department for review and approval.
(6) Plans and specifications must include the following:
(a) location and detail of storage rooms used for bedding and furnishings;
(b) location and detail of janitorial facilities;
(c) location and detail of laundry facilities, including a description of equipment, floor and wall finish material;
(d) a flow chart indicating the route of laundry through sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding, and storage;
(e) location and description of all food preparation, storage, and service areas, unless already required to license as a retail food service establishment under 50-50-102, MCA;
(f) description of dishes, cookware, utensils, and cooking equipment available in guest rooms, including details of cleaning and storage;
(g) location and detail of ice production, storage, and dispensing equipment;
(h) location of swimming pools, spas, and other recreational water features;
(i) name of sanitary landfill licensed by the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) which will receive solid waste from the establishment;
(j) documentation of approval from DEQ and any applicable local health authority permit and inspection report, if the establishment will be served by a public wastewater system;
(k) documentation of approval from the local health authority, if the establishment will be served by a nonpublic wastewater system;
(l) documentation of approval from DEQ, if the establishment will be served by a public water supply;
(m) demonstration of compliance with this subchapter, if the establishment will be served by a nonpublic water supply; and
(n) any other pertinent information requested by the local health authority.
(7) Construction must be in accordance with the plans and specifications as approved. Any changes from the approved plans must be reviewed and approved, in writing, by the local health authority.
(8) Approval is valid for two years. If construction, remodeling, or conversion is not completed within two years, the local health authority may require plans and specifications to be resubmitted for review.
History: 50-51-103, MCA; IMP, 50-51-103, MCA; NEW, 2012 MAR p. 1042, Eff. 5/25/12.