37.111.122 GUEST ROOM CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
(1) Guest rooms must be cleaned and supplied with freshly laundered sheets, pillow covers, towels, and washcloths before each new guest or group of guests arrive.
(2) Clean bed sheets, pillow covers, towels, and washcloths must be provided to each guest at least weekly. They may be provided more frequently as requested by a guest or according to establishment policy.
(3) Shared bathrooms must be cleaned daily.
(4) All bedding, towels, and washcloths provided by management must be clean and in good repair.
(5) Each mattress must be covered with a machine-washable pad.
(6) Sheets must adequately cover the bed and fold over the blanket at least six inches.
(7) All bedding including quilts and comforters must be machine-washable or covered with machine-washable linen such as a duvet.
(8) Mops must be air dried between uses.
(9) A designated janitor sink must be used for washing and rinsing of mops, brooms, brushes, and other cleaning devices. Tourist homes may use an alternative as approved by the local health authority.
(10) Toilet and urinal cleaning devices must be kept separate from other cleaning supplies and may not be used for any other purpose. Bathtub and shower cleaning devices must be kept separate from other cleaning supplies and may not be used for any other purpose.
(11) All furnishings, fixtures, floors, walls, and ceilings must be clean and in good repair.
(12) Management must provide for maintenance as needed.
(13) Cleaning compounds and pesticides must be stored, used, and disposed of in accordance with the manufacturer's label instructions.
(14) Ozone air purifiers may not be used within the establishment.
(15) Glasses, pitchers, ice buckets, coffee pots, and other utensils used for food or drink provided for guests must be washed, rinsed, and sanitized or single-service items must be used.
(16) All utensils used for food or drink provided for guests must be stored, handled, and dispensed in a manner which prevents contamination.
History: 50-51-103, MCA; IMP, 50-51-103, MCA; NEW, 1982 MAR p. 1049, Eff. 5/14/82; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 779, Eff. 6/28/85; TRANS, from DHES, 2001 MAR p. 2425; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1042, Eff. 5/25/12.