37.111.521 HOUSEKEEPING, MAINTENANCE AND LAUNDRY
(1) Every structure within the youth camp, including tents and similar non-permanent enclosures, and all furnishings, fixtures, and bedding provided by the youth camp, must be maintained in good repair and in safe and sanitary condition.
(2) The youth camp must implement a systematic maintenance program which ensures clean and safe conditions throughout the immediate area surrounding camp structures, living quarters, and other frequently used areas.
(3) The youth camp must keep on hand and readily available cleaning equipment and supplies in sufficient quantity to meet the housekeeping needs of the facility.
(4) Any laundry facilities provided by the youth camp for use by residents or campers must be maintained in clean and sanitary condition.
(5) If the youth camp provides campers with bed linens, towels, or washcloths for their use, it must clean them with laundry facilities which meet the standards contained in ARM 37.111.121, except that if, due to the nature of the camp, those standards are extremely difficult or impossible to meet, alternative procedures may be followed if approved by the department or local health authority as providing equivalent protection.
(6) If the youth camp supplies any camper with a mattress, it must either equip the mattress with:
(a) a removable cover and launder the cover in accordance with the requirements of ARM 37.111.121 after the mattress is used by one camper and before it is assigned to another; or
(b) a non-removable but washable outer covering and clean and disinfect that cover with a germicidal agent after it is used by one camper and before it is assigned to another.
(7) The department hereby adopts and incorporates by reference the standards in ARM 37.111.121, which ensure sanitary conditions in laundries. A copy of ARM 37.111.121 may be obtained from the Department of Public Health and Human Services, Health Policy and Services Division, Food and Consumer Safety Section, 1400 Broadway, P.O. Box 202951, Helena, Montana 59620-2951.
History: Sec. 50-52-102, MCA; IMP, Sec. 50-52-102, MCA; NEW, 1985 MAR p. 2007, Eff. 12/27/85; TRANS, from DHES, 2001 MAR p. 2425.