37.114.1015 CASE FOLLOW-UP, REPORTING, AND CONTACT INVESTIGATION
(1) The local health officer must ensure that each case of active tuberculosis within their jurisdiction obtains the follow-up tests, treatment, and monitoring recommended in the Official American Thoracic Society/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Infectious Diseases Society of America Clinical Practice Guidelines: Treatment of Drug-Susceptible Tuberculosis, published in Clinical Infectious Diseases, October 1, 2016.
(2) The local health officer must submit a report to the department every month documenting the course of treatment and treatment completion date of each reported active tuberculosis case.
(3) The local health officer must ensure that a contact investigation is completed for each active case of tuberculosis considered able to transmit tuberculosis, following the "Guidelines for the Investigation of Contacts of Persons with Infectious Tuberculosis," December 16, 2005, a publication from the National Tuberculosis Controllers Association and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
(4) The local health officer must submit reports to the department documenting the progress of the contact investigation and a final summary on forms provided by the department.
(5) A case of latent tuberculosis must be referred to a health-care provider to rule out active TB disease. Once active TB disease has been ruled out, the individual should be:
(a) educated on risks of conversion to active TB disease; and
(b) referred for treatment for latent tuberculosis infection.
(6) Local health officers must ensure that a latent tuberculosis infection report form, provided by the department, is completed and submitted.
History: 50-1-202, 50-17-103, MCA; IMP, 50-1-202, 50-17-102, 50-17-105, MCA; NEW, 1987 MAR p. 2147, Eff. 11/28/87; TRANS, from DHES, 2002 MAR p. 913; AMD, 2017 MAR p. 343, Eff. 3/25/17; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 1745, Eff. 1/1/20.