37.114.705 REQUIREMENTS FOR UNCONDITIONAL ATTENDANCE AT A SCHOOL OFFERING ANY PORTION OF GRADES KINDERGARTEN THROUGH 12
(1) Before a prospective pupil may unconditionally attend a Montana school offering any portion of kindergarten through grade 12, that school must be provided with adequate documentation that the prospective pupil has been immunized through administration of the vaccines and on the schedules specified in this rule.
(2) Vaccines immunizing against diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus must be administered as follows:
(a) A pupil or prospective pupil less than seven years of age must be administered four or more doses of DTP or DTAP vaccine, at least one dose of which must be given after the fourth birthday;
(b) A pupil or prospective pupil seven years old or older who has not completed the requirement in (2)(a) must receive additional doses of Tdap vaccine or Td vaccine to become current in accordance with the ACIP schedule;
(c) Prior to entering the seventh grade, a pupil must receive a dose of Tdap vaccine if the following criteria are met:
(i) the pupil is 11 years of age or older; or
(ii) a dose of Tdap vaccine was not given to the pupil at ten years of age or older;
(d) If a pupil enters the seventh grade before reaching 11 years of age, a booster shot of Tdap vaccine must be administered to the pupil as soon as possible after the pupil attains that age, unless the pupil already was administered a dose of Tdap vaccine at ten years of age or older.
(3) Polio vaccine must be administered to a prospective pupil in three or more doses of trivalent poliomyelitis vaccine, at least one dose of which must be given after the fourth birthday.
(4) A pupil or prospective pupil must have received two doses of live measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine no earlier than 12 months of age.
(5) A pupil or prospective pupil must have received two doses of live varicella vaccine no earlier than 12 months of age.
History: 20-5-407, MCA; IMP, 20-5-403, 20-5-405, 20-5-406, MCA; NEW, 1980 MAR p. 1265, Eff. 8/2/80; AMD, 1980 MAR p. 1699, Eff. 6/27/80; AMD, 1981 MAR p. 621, Eff. 7/1/81; AMD, 1983 MAR p. 852, Eff. 7/15/83; AMD, 1993 MAR p. 1214, Eff. 6/11/93; TRANS, from DHES, 2002 MAR p. 913; AMD, 2005 MAR p. 1074, Eff. 7/1/05; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 1493, Eff. 10/1/15; AMD, 2021 MAR p. 1328, Eff. 10/9/21.