37.34.937 0208 MEDICAID HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES PROGRAM: COMMUNITY TRANSITION SERVICES
(1) Community transition services are nonrecurring set-up expenses for a person who is transitioning from an institution to a Developmental Disabilities Program (DDP) waiver-funded home and community-based residential service.
(2) The community transition service must be necessary to enable a person to establish a basic household.
(3) Community transition services are furnished only to the extent that:
(a) they are reasonable and necessary;
(b) the person is unable to meet such an expense; or
(c) the services cannot be obtained from other sources.
(4) Community transition services may not include:
(a) monthly rental or mortgage expense;
(c) regular utility charges;
(d) household appliances; or
(e) items that are intended for purely recreational purposes.
(5) Community transition service is not available to a person transitioning into residential settings that are owned or leased by a Developmental Disabilities Program (DDP) funded service provider.
(6) The residential setting must be owned, leased, or rented by the person and must be considered the person's private residence.
(7) Community transition service may not exceed $3,000 per person, per transition.
History: 53-6-113, 53-6-402, MCA; IMP, 53-6-101, 53-6-402, MCA; NEW, 1992 MAR p. 1490, Eff. 7/17/92; AMD, 1995 MAR p. 1136, Eff. 6/30/95; TRANS, from SRS, 1998 MAR p. 3124; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 220, Eff. 1/31/14.