37.34.960 0208 MEDICAID HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES PROGRAM: PERSONAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE SYSTEM
(1) Personal emergency response system (PERS) is an electronic device that enables the person to secure help in an emergency. The system is connected to the person's phone and programmed to signal a response center once a help button is activated. The response center is staffed by trained professionals. PERS services may be appropriate for persons who live alone, or who are alone for parts of the day, and have no regular caregiver for periods of time.
(2) PERS service may be delivered via a cellular phone.
(3) To access the cellular phone option, the person must:
(a) require access to assistance or supports; and
(b) frequently be beyond the range of coverage of a PERS system.
(4) Cell phone plans must be basic plans and must not include features or applications unrelated to health and safety issues.
(5) A usage control feature and insurance may be added to the basic plan.
(6) The person must pay any overage fee and any other fees that are not approved in the plan of care.
(7) The case manager must review the cell phone guidelines with the person upon receipt of the phone and at the annual planning meeting.
History: 53-6-113, 53-6-402, MCA; IMP, 53-6-101, 53-6-402, MCA; NEW, 1992 MAR p. 1490, Eff. 7/17/92; TRANS, from SRS, 1998 MAR p. 3124; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 220, Eff. 1/31/14.