37.34.980 0208 MEDICAID HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES PROGRAM: SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT, FOLLOW ALONG SUPPORT
(1) Follow along support consists of habilitation services and supports that enable a person to stabilize or expand employment in a competitive, customized, or self-employment setting.
(2) The person may require follow along support when:
(a) the person's job is in jeopardy; or
(b) a job promotion opportunity requires more complex, comprehensive, or intensive supports.
(3) Follow along support may be provided in an extended ongoing manner or intermittently as needed.
(4) Follow along support may include:
(a) person-centered employment planning;
(b) job promotion activities;
(c) observation and job support to enhance job task skills;
(d) monitoring at the work site to ascertain the success of the job placement;
(e) job coaching;
(f) follow up with the employer, coworkers, employed person, parents, legal representatives, and others as needed, in order to reinforce and stabilize job placement;
(g) facilitation of natural supports at the work site;
(h) advocating for the person at the employment site;
(i) assistance with management of financial paperwork;
(j) assistance with medication administration considered incidental to the follow along support;
(k) application of behavioral intervention programs, when developed and approved according to the positive behavioral support rule.
(5) Follow along support may be provided in conjunction with other employment services.
History: 53-6-113, 53-6-402, 53-20-204, MCA; IMP, 53-6-101, 53-6-402, 53-20-205, MCA; NEW, 1995 MAR p. 1136, Eff. 6/30/95; TRANS, from SRS, 1998 MAR p. 3124; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 220, Eff. 1/31/14.