37.40.347 COST SETTLEMENT PROCEDURES
(1) The department will notify the provider of any overpayment discovered. The provider may contact the department to seek an agreement providing for repayment of the full overpayment within 60 days of mailing of the overpayment notice.
(2) Unless, within 30 days of mailing of overpayment notice to the provider, the provider enters into an agreement with the department which provides for full repayment within 60 days of mailing of the overpayment notice, the department will immediately commence offsetting from rate payments so as to complete full recovery as soon as possible.
(3) The department may recover the full overpayment amount regardless of whether the provider disputes the department's determination of the overpayment in whole or in part. A request for administrative review or fair hearing does not entitle a provider to delay repayment of any overpayment determined by the department.
(4) The department will notify the provider of any underpayment discovered. In the event an underpayment has occurred, the department will reimburse the provider promptly following the department's determination of the amount of the underpayment.
(5) Court or administrative proceedings for collection of overpayment or underpayment must be commenced within five years following the due date of the original cost report or the date of receipt of a complete cost report whichever is later. In the case of a reimbursement or payment based on fraudulent information, recovery of overpayment may be undertaken at any time.
(6) The amount of any overpayment constitutes a debt due the department as of the date the department mails notice of overpayment to the provider. The department may recover the overpayment from any person, party, transferee, or fiduciary who has benefited from either the payment or from a transfer of assets.
History: 53-2-201, 53-6-113, MCA; IMP, 53-2-201, 53-6-101, 53-6-113, MCA; NEW, 1991 MAR p. 2050, Eff. 11/1/91; TRANS, from SRS, 2000 MAR p. 489.