37.51.602 YOUTH FOSTER HOMES: REPORTS OF CHANGE IN COMPOSITION OF FOSTER HOME
(1) Foster parents shall notify the department licensing worker or supervisor, and if applicable, the child placing agency's licensing worker under whose jurisdiction the foster home operates, within 48 hours of:
(a) a death of a spouse or a child in the foster family;
(b) a marital separation or divorce of the foster parents;
(c) an adoption of a child who has not been living with the foster parents for at least one year;
(d) the birth of a child to the applicants; or
(e) loss of employment by an applicant.
(2) At least 30 days prior to moving, foster parents shall report a planned change of residence to the department licensing worker or supervisor and, if applicable, to the child placing agency under whose jurisdiction the foster home operates. The licensing worker assigned to the family will evaluate the new residence for compliance as soon as possible but not more than ten calendar days after the move to the new residence.
(3) Foster parents shall provide notice to the department licensing worker or supervisor and, if applicable, the child placing agency under whose jurisdiction the foster home operates:
(a) before agreeing to accept formal or informal placement of any child, including placement of an exchange student, when such placements have been arranged without prior approval of the agency which conducted the foster home licensing study;
(b) within one working day of any changes in household composition; and
(c) within 30 days of a change in employment.
(4) If a foster parent is unwilling or unable to care for a child who is placed in the foster parent's care, the foster home shall notify the child's worker immediately. The foster parent is not authorized to make his own arrangements for care of the child, except for respite care.
(5) A foster parent may not accept a child into the household without prior notice to the department and the prior approval of the department.
History: 52-1-103, 52-2-111, 52-2-601, 52-2-621, 52-2-622, MCA; IMP, 52-1-103, 52-2-111, 52-2-601, 52-2-621, 52-2-622, MCA; NEW, 2006 MAR p. 1395, Eff. 6/2/06.