37.78.832 TANF CASH ASSISTANCE EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING: SUPPORTIVE SERVICES
(1) Dependent upon available funding, money may be available to pay expenses that are, or may be, incurred in a benefit month, by a TANF cash assistance participant to comply with family investment agreement activities.
(2) Supportive services funds may not be used to pay for:
(a) any medical service or item; or
(b) fines of any type, including traffic, criminal, and library fines.
(3) Supportive services payments may be provided as appropriate by the case manager.
(4) Supportive services may be provided in the form of voucher payments.
(5) Supportive services may be provided only if they are necessary to comply with the family investment agreement or are necessary for the participant to accept or maintain employment.
(6) Supportive services will not be made if similar services are available through other programs.
(7) Supportive service payments will not exceed $1,250 per household per state fiscal year.
(8) Each participant is expected to cost share between 5% and 15% in expenses. This cost share can be through an actual outlay of cash or an in-kind contribution. Each community advisory council establishes guidelines for determining exceptions to the limits and cost share requirement.
History: 53-4-212, MCA; IMP, 53-2-201, 53-4-211, 53-4-601, 53-4-613, MCA; NEW, 1996 MAR p. 277, Eff. 1/26/96; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 3303, Eff. 12/18/98; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 746, Eff. 3/17/00; TRANS, from SRS, 2000 MAR p. 3414; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 15, Eff. 1/17/03; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 2415, Eff. 10/6/06.