37.78.833 TANF CASH ASSISTANCE POST-EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
(1) Households who are losing eligibility for TANF cash assistance due to the receipt of new or increased earned income may be eligible for no more than three months of assistance under the TANF Cash Assistance Post-Employment Program if:
(a) the household is losing TANF cash assistance eligibility due to new or increased earnings from employment of an individual who is currently receiving TANF cash assistance and the new or increased earned income was:
(i) reported within ten calendar days of the participant's knowledge of the change;
(ii) verified within ten calendar days from the request for verification;
(b) no adult household member who is receiving TANF cash assistance benefits (coded "IN") or who has been disqualified (coded "DQ") has received TANF cash assistance post-employment benefits in the prior 12 months;
(c) the household received TANF cash assistance in the month of closure;
(d) the household is not currently receiving TANF cash assistance extended benefits; and
(e) the household meets all financial and nonfinancial eligibility for the TANF Cash Assistance Program including negotiating a Family Investment Agreement/Employability Plan (FIA/EP) as outlined in ARM 37.78.806 and 37.78.216.
(2) Earned income of the assistance unit is disregarded under the TANF Cash Assistance Post-Employment Program as outlined in ARM 37.78.406.
(3) All other income of the assistance unit is treated as outlined in ARM 37.78.402, 37.78.406, and 37.78.416.
(4) The Post-Employment Program is a time-limited program. Households that are eligible for this program may receive up to three months of benefits. Payment standards for the Post-Employment Program are outlined in ARM 37.78.420. For each month of assistance provided under the Post-Employment Program, the time clock of the individuals receiving assistance will increment as outlined in ARM 37.78.201. However, households may not exceed their 60-month time clock by receipt of a Post-Employment benefit.
(5) Households receiving benefits under the Post-Employment Program are considered TANF recipients and are therefore eligible to receive TANF child care assistance in order to participate in the allowable work activities as negotiated in their FIA/EP.
(6) Households receiving benefits under the Post-Employment Program are considered TANF recipients and are eligible to receive TANF supportive service payments as outlined in ARM 37.78.832.
History: 53-4-212, MCA; IMP, 53-4-211, MCA; NEW, 2008 MAR p. 1154, Eff. 6/13/08; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 2501, Eff. 1/1/09.